Edcerpts are my weekly round up of interesting links and ideas I discovered on the internet. It is published on Mondays for the previous week
- Public Domain Day 2023 | Duke University School of Law – A bevy of works enter the public domain in 2023, including Sherlock Holmes, the movies Metropolis & The Jazz Singer, and the Irving Berlin song Puttin’ on the Ritz (the orginal song, not the 80s hit by Taco). Public Domain works can be used any purpose, there are no longer copyrights involved.
- Eliminating harmful tech in universities: a guide | THE Campus Learn, Share, Connect – An interesting look at the technologies used in higher education, some of which that are used in the lower grade levels, how they are used, are they harmful, and what cold we be doing.
- GIPHY’s Top GIFs and Clips of 2022 | by GIPHY | Nov, 2022 | Medium – I don’t know if I should be proud or sad that I’ve never used any of these animated gifs.
- Woman Charges $480 an Hour to Help Gen Z Workers Overcome ‘Phone Fear’ – Where some fear is where there is opportunity. Some take for granted that the youngest generation can handle all things tech, and here they are struggling with some of the easiest to use technology that has been in place for over 120 years.
- US’ top high school hid over 1,200 students’ academic achievement in the name of ‘equity’ – Geez.
- Quiet Quitting Is About Bad Bosses, Not Bad Employees – “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, the boss drives.” – Theodore Roosevelt