Keynotes and talks
Need a speaker for to open your next conference? Ryan Collins is able to present on a myriad of topics, for any length of time.
Google Apps for Education
iPads and iPod Touches
Web 2.0 and more!
Ideas for topics and professional development
- Teach Like a Hacker – A hacker is one who finds a clever solution to a problems and teachers are some of the biggest hackers around!
- Digital publishing – Paper is dead! Learn about the various ways teachers and students can publish digitally. Expand your student’s audience.
- Google Chromebooks – What can Chromebooks do? How can they be used in the classroom?
- Add-ons in Google Apps for Education – Add-ons (previously called scripts) allow Google Docs to automate various tasks. Doctopus and gClassFolders are two popular add-ons to organize coursework.
- Google Docs for Microsoft Word Users – As Word users move to Google Docs, there is a level of frustration in the usage of Google Docs. This session shows how to work through some of the more common issues.
- Coding for teachers and students – Programming in the 21st century is becoming more and more important. Learning to code builds confidence and a deeper understanding of content.
- iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches – Learn how teaching can be enhanced with these devices. Also availalble is PD on managing the devices and apps in a school setting.
- WordPress in school – As a content management system that powers approximately 19% of the websites on the Internet, WordPress is unparalleled in its power to publish online. Whether you only want classroom websites or want to move your students to digital portfolios, WordPress can do it.
- Web 2.0 tools and Google Chrome Apps – There is a plethora of websites and online tools, most for free, that teachers can use in their classrooms.
- Your inbox is not an organizational tool – People love to hate email, but there are techniques on managing email.
- Android tablet use – Google is making a big push into the education market with the Android operating system and they’re own Nexus 7 tablet. This session covers their use and management in the school setting.
- And many more!
Eduk8me is open to designing custom coursework depending on your needs. The previous lists is just a start on the services Eduk8me can offer to your teachers and students. Any session can be adapted to a student centered or staff centered audience.
All keynotes and professional development are available either in person or over video conferencing, whichever works best for the school district.