Of bits and bytes is my weekly round up of interesting links and ideas I discovered on the internet. It is published on Mondays for the previous week
It’s Christmas break!
It’s time to rest and recharge, so no commentary on the links this week or any other new articles. Take a moment, take a breath, and enjoy the moment. I’ll be back with a new Of Bits and Bytes on January 8th, 2024.
- Fly to a location
- Stockimg AI
- Google Workspace Updates: Add GIFs and stickers in Google Slides
- Google Workspace Updates: Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap – October 13, 2023
- Google Chrome 120 release: Here’s what’s new
- Should math class be hard? – Math with Bad Drawings
- Maternal Inflammation Linked to Child Behavioral Dysregulation – Neuroscience News
- Educators hate holding kids back, but new research suggests it works – The Washington Post – Be sure you also read CURMUDGUCATION: Grade Retention Sleight of Hand
- Archiving an Idea for the Future: Reading and Writing About Mathematics | Continuous Everywhere but Differentiable Nowhere
- How to use About this image on Google Search
- Scammers hide harmful links in QR codes to steal your information | Consumer Advice
- Building the Neurodiversity Talent Pipeline for the Future of Work
- Want to Instantly Become a Better Leader? Science Says Meetings That Don’t Start on Time Are a Third Less Effective
- The Root of Over-Meeting Culture – by Anne Helen Petersen
- Elusive ‘Einstein’ Solves a Longstanding Math Problem – The New York Times h/t – https://archive.ph/oLRS9 also What Can You Do With an Einstein? – The New York Times
- A Psychologist Explains The Power Of ‘Peripheral Relationships’
- Tell Me a Picture – Your Work, Your Way
- Caffeine’s Impact on Decision-Making – Neuroscience News
- Video subtitles, captions, audio descriptions and transcripts
- What Is Lifelong Learning? (And How to Do it Yourself) – Career & Professional Development | University of Denver
- The One Question That Will Change Your Perspective | Psychology Today
- The Most Mispronounced Words Of 2023, Revealed
- Valuable New Information on ADHD From the Scientific Community | Psychology Today
- Feel Pressure To Work After Hours? You May Be Less Productive, Not More.
By design, the vast majority of Of Bits and Bytes readers never pay anything for the links, commentary, and tips it provides. But you made it all the way to the end of this week’s edition — maybe not for the first time. Want to support more journalism like what you read today? If so, click here.